Register as a patient
Check if you are eligible
To join the surgery, you usually have to live within our practice boundary.
If you’re not sure if you're eligible, please contact us.
How to register
To register as a patient, you need to fill in a paper form.
1. Fill in a form
You can either:
- download and print out the registration form (PDF, 199KB, 2 pages)
- get a paper copy from the surgery
Advice if you do not have a permanent address
You may be able to use a temporary address. For example:
- a friend's address
- a day centre
- the surgery address
2. Give proof of ID (if you have it)
You do not need proof of ID to register, but it might help if you have a copy of any of these:
- birth certificate
- HC2 certificate
- rough sleepers’ identity badge
- hostel or accommodation registration or mail forwarding letter
3. Return the form
You can return the form and ID documents:
- by email
- in person at the surgery
If you are in the area for less than 3 months
If you are staying in the area for less than 3 months, you may be able to register as a temporary patient.
Contact the surgery to find out if you can register.