Check your chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment
If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), you should check regularly that you're getting the right treatment.
How it works
- Answer a few questions online - it should take about 4 minutes, and your answers are private.
- Your GP or nurse will take a look.
- We'll be back in touch with next steps.
Next steps include things like:
- carrying on with your medicine as it is now
- having an appointment, if needed
What COPD is
COPD is the name for a group of lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties.
- emphysema – damage to the air sacs in the lungs
- chronic bronchitis – long-term inflammation of the airways
The breathing problems tend to get gradually worse over time and can limit your normal activities, although treatment can help keep the condition under control.
Who it affects
COPD is a common condition that mainly affects middle-aged or older adults who smoke. Many people do not realise they have it.
Managing your COPD - videos
Health and Care Video Library has videos to help manage your COPD and breathing problems.